I wanted to let you all know about the Joys of breastfeeding. Breastfeeding has been getting on lot of news time lately due to the many benefits. I am also starting to see more women breastfeeding everywhere that I go. I don't knock or judge any women's decision on how to feed her child, but I will say that breastfeeding was one of the best decisions that I ever made. I wanted to give you all my top 10 reasons to breastfeed.
1. Its Free. Need I say More? I have a friend that says that she pays $7 a day in formula for her 4 month old. That's $210 a month, $2510 a year in formula. That means that my tatas are making me $2510 a year minimum.
2. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends it"Human milk is the preferred feeding for all infants, including premature and sick newborns... It is recommended that breastfeeding continue for at least the first 12 months, and thereafter for as long as mutually desired."
(See A.A.P. Breastfeeding Policy Statement: Breastfeeding and the Use of Human Milk (RE9729))
3. Breastfeeding means less things to carry when traveling. When my little one and I go out I don't have to worry about bringing along formula, bottles, extra bottles, bibs, and extra nipples.
4. Breastfeeding provides the perfect nutrition for my son. Breast milk naturally changes in nutrition, consistency, and amount as the needs of your little one changes.
5.Breast milk contains immunities to diseases and aids in the development of baby's immune system. My son is 10 months and has yet to develop any colds or infections (knockonwood).
6. Breastfeeding helps the mother lose her pregnancy weight and also helps her uterus shrink back down to pre-pregnancy size. Breastfeeding requires about 500 calories a day. (Side Note I lost all of my baby weight within 3 months of my son birth)
7. Breastfeeding reduces the risk of obesity in children later in life.
8. Breastfeeding produces fewer waste products. No Packaging to throw so breastfeeding helps the baby, the mother, and the environment.
9. Its free (I had to say this one again)
10. Breastfeeding Its what Tatas where made for!!
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram
You also might like: